Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Faith can move mountains. Do you have faith?

Rainbows come after storms.  April showers bring May flowers. It is always the darkest before dawn.  I could go on an on with these cheesy expressions.  I won't because you get the point.

The expressions are true.  I mentioned in a previous blog that 2017 was my worst year ever.  My church's theme for the year is "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past." Isaiah 43:18.  I am not dwelling on 2017.  That year is past. That season of my life is over.  The next verse says, "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way  in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:19, NIV

I needed the hardships of 2017 to prepare me for what God is doing now.  This is a new season for me.  Growth and change are happening.

Most of my adult life has been an epic roller coaster. 2017 humbled me in more ways than I can explain.  I started this year at a crossroads. I wanted to stop riding the roller coaster.  I wanted to walk away, choose stability, and simply enjoy the level ground.

God reminded me, I like roller coasters.  I wouldn't be satisfied planted in the security of the world. Anything, outside of his plan for my life will make me miserable.  Still, I was facing a mountain and was not getting the answer I thought I needed.

In our own strength, it is easy to look at a mountain (an obstacle or challenge) and say, "I can't do anything about that. I'll find another way around it."  That is not how faith works.  Faith looks at the mountain ahead and says, "God, I'm not moving from where you put me.  Remove this mountain for me."

Faith can truly move mountains!

I woke up yesterday with the vision that I had been asking God for.  Last night, with the help of my wise councils I made the tough decisions I needed to make. My favorite pastor used to say, "When you've done all you know to do, stand still." 

My decision is to stand still and pursue the vision God gave me.  I won't go around the mountain. God will move the mountain.

This morning I went to have breakfast with a dear friend to celebrate her birthday. When I arrived, she had a gift for me.  She said, "I walked by this and something told me to buy this for you. I had to."   The box is inscribed with the words:  Faith can move mountains.  A picture is below.

Wow!  God's timing is impeccable as always.  He is an amazing father.

This doesn't mean that all my problems are solved and life is going to be easy. You know, the kind of life where you wake up in a Disney moving and the birds are helping you get dressed while you sing and dance.  No, life isn't a fairy tale.

My mountain is still there.  The difference is today I'm facing the mountain knowing that God will move it. Today, I have a vision and I know what I am supposed to do.

God is doing a new thing with me and with Faith Charities.

Have you faced heartaches? Are you tired of staring at the challenge in front of you? What about those bills?

Be reminded,  This is a new season for you as well.  Face your fears and keep your faith.  This is a new season and God will do a new thing. 

Your storm is over, find your rainbow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I blew it...

I overheard a conversation between my son and his friend.   My immediate reaction, “Son!”  He laughs out loud and replies, “Pfffff, don’t s...