Saturday, November 4, 2017

There's Always That One Person~

It is true, everywhere you go, every meeting, every group, every event, every business, and even in every family; there is that one person.

The person who stands out. The person who has to be different.  The person who proves that they are indeed the exception to the rule. We all know that person.

Are you thinking of this a negative?  Are you thinking of that one person who won't shut up?  Are you thinking of that one person who is always a jerk? Are you thinking of that one person who always has to post about politics? Are you thinking of that one person who always has to share their drama on social media? 

Stop.  Stop the stinking thinking.  Yes, those people I mentioned above do exist but I wouldn't waste my morning blogging about them.   They are not the one person I'm talking about. 

I am writing you about the one person that makes a difference.  God knows I can be a little bit "extra" so He saw fit to send me several examples of that one person.   

I am writing to let some folks know, you have been that one person to me. I can't mention you all by name.  I don't know some of your names, and because there is so many of you if I tried, I would inadvertently leave someone out.  

HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
I've been going through a rough season.  I call it my Job season.  I know there are certain things God has called me to.  Regardless, I seem to be unable to stop wallowing in the mud of my self-pity and doubt.   I was having an especially hard time and a friend asked me about one of my books.  I looked it up on Amazon to see if it was still available.   

It was there I found what prompted this post.  It was a five-star review for my second book.  

It was only ONE REVIEW.   That one person and those simple few words turned my perspective around.  I started thinking about all the times and ways God has used others to help me.

It may have been an encouraging text, a phone call, or a smile that was that one thing.  It may have been a random act of kindness.  It may have been in loving my child. It may have been in believing in me.  It may have been in prayer.  It may have been in allowing me to see their faith in action. It may have been in pushing me to visit a church.  It may have been a safe place to talk about my faith. It may have been asking me about Jesus. 

Whatever you have done, thank you.  No matter where I am in my journey God sees fit to make sure that there's always that one person. 

I pray, if I come across your path, I will be an example of, there's always that one person. 

There's always that one person ~ Be that person. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





No comments:

Post a Comment

I blew it...

I overheard a conversation between my son and his friend.   My immediate reaction, “Son!”  He laughs out loud and replies, “Pfffff, don’t s...