Saturday, November 18, 2017

Where is God now?

Rough season?   Does it ever get so frustrating that you wonder, "Where is God?"  How much more could go wrong?  Why is God not helping?   UGH! 

The Bible says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." NIV, Deuteronomy 31:6

People always say that.... "God is with you..." Then where is he?   Why is it so hard? 

The Bible also says: " that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." NIV, Matthew:45

Job is an example of a good man who was tormented. Job lost his health, his family, and his wealth.   He even said his friends were miserable comforters.  Job's story did not end in tragedy. God restored him well above and beyond what he lost. 

I can't speak for you.  I can tell you that it has been a rough season for me. When I say rough, I mean miserable.  

Then, I dreamed that I woke up to find myself asleep on a church bench.  I was naked except for a blanket that covered me.  People started to come in.  They were not preparing for church. They were preparing for a gathering.  I jumped up, wrapped in my blanket, and explained why I was asleep.  They didn't question it.  They smiled and nobody cared.  It didn't matter to them that I was naked and asleep.   I ran to the restroom where I was getting dressed.  A lady came out of a stall.  I was terrified she would see me and know that I had been naked.  She smiled.  She didn't care.  I saw her stand there looking at the faucet with a blank look.  I reached over and turned the water on for her.  She looked at me and smiled brightly.  She said, "Thank you!  I didn't want to touch it."  I nodded. I noticed her nails.  They were gorgeous and recently manicured.  They were white with glitter that looked like snowflakes.  They were extremely detailed. The kind of manicure that doesn't come cheap.  She smiled even brighter and exclaimed, "YOU NOTICED MY NAILS! That means so much!"  I nodded again.    

I think God is saying, "Wake up!  Rise, Shine, and let your voice be heard.  Notice the people who are afraid to get their hands dirty. Wake up the others.  The time is now.  My people must not be naked and asleep.  Get dressed, be bright as the sun, and as loud as a trumpet." 


God doesn't leave us or forsake us.  There are seasons when He withholds His favor.  

Here is why we must endure hardships: 
“The Lord God has given Me
The tongue of the learned,
That I should know how to speak
A word in season to him who is weary.
He awakens Me morning by morning,
He awakens My ear
To hear as the learned." NKJV, Isaiah 50:4

God is with us. We need to wake up, get dressed, shine our light, and let our voices be heard.  

(If you want to know more, Isaiah 63:15, Isaiah 58, Isaiah 60, Ephesians 6:10-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I blew it...

I overheard a conversation between my son and his friend.   My immediate reaction, “Son!”  He laughs out loud and replies, “Pfffff, don’t s...