Friday, June 29, 2018

Can't Believe I Did That!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST DID THAT!  How could I be so stupid?! What is wrong with me?!  UGH!

How many times have you felt that way?   You were in a hurry and locked your keys in your car. You misplaced your keys for the 1,000,0001 time.  You ate that big brownie even though you had been eating healthy for months.  You spent the money. You went to the place. You did the thing.

How many times?

How many times have you felt the buyer's remorse?  That feeling in the pit of your stomach that makes you feel it necessary to punish yourself.   That feeling that makes you so mad at yourself you want to scream.  That stupid decision or behavior that makes it impossible to forgive yourself.

How many times?

How many times have you wallowed in it?  How long has it taken you to move on, get over, and forgive yourself?  It is harder to forgive yourself than anyone else.  How many times have you made yourself linger in the misery of what you did?

How many times?

Sin works the same way.  When we fail God we often want to punish ourselves.  How many times have you failed to do some good deed that you could have done? How many times have you been guilty of gossip even though you swore you wouldn't?  How many times have you been a victim to that little thorn in your side (you favorite sin) that just won't go away?

How many times?

How many times will you give up?  I already ate that brownie, I'll quit trying!  I sinned when I didn't want to. I might as well forget it, I can't live right!  God must be mad at me.  I feel guilty enough already.  I'm going to hide from God for a while.

How many times?

How many times will you let one defeat turn into more? That is what happens when we let the enemy convince us that we should wallow in condemnation. In Matthew 26:41Jesus says, "The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.   Romans 8:1 teaches that there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. 

How many times?

Will you let failures, short-comings, and mistakes get you off course?  How many times will you let them ruin the plan God has for you?  We should do our best not to sin because we love Jesus and we want God's perfect will for our lives. 

How many times?

How many times will you brush your shoulders off and get back up?  Proverbs 24:16 "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.”   The Bible never says you won't fail.  It says you will get back up.

How many times? 

How many times will you forget that it isn't about your goodness, your works, or your perfection?  It is about the grace and mercy of Jesus.  If we were capable of perfection Jesus would have never needed to die for us.   


Stop being mad at yourself.  Being mad at yourself won't get the car unlocked, find your keys, or put the brownie back.  You can't change what happened. You can change what you do during the moment you are in. 

https://youtu.be/mNkDdXhjFy0?t=1m6s






No comments:

Post a Comment

I blew it...

I overheard a conversation between my son and his friend.   My immediate reaction, “Son!”  He laughs out loud and replies, “Pfffff, don’t s...